MAS gives app developers the ability to monetize their apps through mobile app advertising. This can be in the form of banner ads, interstitial ads, and rewarded video ads. Ads integrate directly into the app experience and may complement the in-app economy to ensure a non-disruptive user experience as well as increased engagement.
Top network advertisers serve these ads, and you get paid every time your users interact with any of the ads in your app.
When monetizing your app, creating a mix of ad units helps in building a strong monetization strategy. You get to choose your ad units from the extensive portfolio of ad formats available with MAS.
An interstitial ad can be a full-screen static, a video or an interactive (playable) ad unit that gives users the option to exit and skip. These ads engage users with rich content at natural pauses in an app’s flow; They ensure minimum disruption to user experience while maximizing engagement and revenue.
This is what an interstitial ad looks like:
Benefits of interstitial ads
- Engaging content
- Full-screen size
- Media content can be static, video-based or interactive
- Positive UX
- Placement in natural transition points improves overall user experience (UX)
Learn how to set up an interstitial ad here.
A rewarded video is an opt-in ad unit that encourages users to watch a video in order to receive in-app rewards.
This is what a rewarded video ad looks like:
Benefits of rewarded video ads
- Increase revenue
- Rewarded video ads can increase your app revenue by 20% to 40%. eCPM for rewarded videos is the highest when compared to other types of mobile video ads.
- Increase in-app purchases
- Rewarded video ads encourage free users to make in-app purchases by giving them a taste of premium features they’re missing. Users who watch rewarded video ads are six times more likely to make in-app purchases.
- Increase user engagement and retention
- Users prefer watching reward video ads to paying for premium features. This encourages them to continue playing your game for longer, which in turn increases retention, engagement, and LTV.
Learn how to set up rewarded video ads here.
A banner comes in the form of a rectangular ad that is typically displayed at the top or bottom of the screen. It remains in place for the entire user session. Banner ads can be static or dynamic.
This is what a banner looks like:
- Banners are among the oldest forms of advertisements and can make an instant impressions at a relatively low minimum costs.
- Banner advertising gives you a quick, easy, and cost-effective way to generate immediate interest.
- Banner advertising should be used not only to pique the curiosity of prospects but also to help retain them by promoting brand awareness.
|320×50||Standard Banner||Phones and Tablets||Banner|
|320×100||Large Banner||Phones and Tablets||LargeBanner|
|300×250||IAB Medium Rectangle||Phones and Tablets||IABMediumRectangle|
|Full screen width x Adaptive height||Adaptive banner||Phones and Tablets||AdaptiveBanner|
|Screen width x 32/50/90||Smart banner||Phones and Tablets||SmartBanner|
Learn how to set up banner ads in your app here.